- ASSIGNMENT 1:
Imagine that you are planning to open a dating service in Virginia. Your preliminary research indicates that such a service would expect to gross $3 for every divorced person, $2 for every single (never married) person, and $1 for every widowed person in a typical county.
- Calculate the projected Gross Income for each county in Virginia, and create a graduated color map showing the projected income for each county.
- What is the Total Projected Gross income for the entire State?
- You would like to put your office within the large cluster of high-income counties. Where? Create a symbol for an office and place it on a map.
- Create a Map Layout with the projected income for each county and a new office location, export it in .pdf or .jpeg, submit to Moodle as a Mid-term ASSIGNMENT 1.
- You would like to build a cabin somewhere in Sturgis area. Develop a Project showing potential land on which to build based on the following criteria:
Must be on Private Land (vegetation; Owner = PVT)
- Must have a slope less than 20 degrees
- Must have a Southern aspect (90 to 270 degrees)
- Must be within 500 meters of an existing road
- Must be more than 100 meters from a stream
- The land use category in landcover must contain the term Forest
- Create a Map 2 Layout showing your potential sites with the roads shown in light gray, export it in .pdf or .jpeg format and submit to Moodle as a Mid-term ASSIGNMENT 2
What is the total area in sq.km of potential land that you found?