In a Word document, respond (agree or disagree) to each of the following statements succinctly, but with detail.
- Children never have sleep issues unless they intake too much sugar in their diet.
- Sleep disorders come in only three main forms, one related to narcolepsy, one related to sleep apnea, and the other related to the inability to stay awake due to stress.
- The use of over-the-counter sleep aids should be encouraged over prescription sleep aids as they are safer and are not habit-forming in any way.
- Menopause has no impact on insomnia or sleep patterns.
- As a backup to over-the-counter sleep aids, benzodiazepines are the most useful and first-line treatment for sleep issues.
- Discuss best practice for insomnia assessment and treatment.
- Name one specific resource or guideline for treatment