At some point in every construction project, efforts turn from design and the focus moves to actual construction. With the vision in place and the tools secured, the blueprint can be finalized and approved. Then it is time to put on hardhats and begin work.
Throughout the course you have developed aspects of your Academic and Professional Development Plan. You have thought a great deal about your vision and goals, your academic and professional network of support, research strategies and other tools you will need, the integrity of your work, and the value of consulting the work of others. With your portfolio in place, it is now time to finalize your blueprint for success.
Much as builders remain cognizant of the building standards as they plan and begin construction, nurses must remain mindful of the formal standards of practice that govern their specialties. A good understanding of these standards can help ensure that your success plan includes any steps necessary to excel within your chosen specialty.
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the final component–a review of your specialty standards of practice. You will also submit your final version of the document, including Parts 1–5.
- Review the standards of practice related to your chosen specialty- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse practitioner.
- Download the Nursing Specialty Comparison Matrix.
- Examine professional organizations related to the specialization you have chosen and identify at least one to focus on for this Assignment.
- Reflect on the thoughts you shared in the Discussion forum regarding your choice of a specialty, any challenges you have encountered in making this choice, and any feedback you have received from colleagues in the Discussion.
Complete the following items and incorporate them into the final version of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan.
- Complete the Nursing Specialty Comparison Matrix, comparing at least two nursing specialties that include your selected specialization and second-preferred specialization- Selected specialization is Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner and the second -preferred specialization is Family nurse practitioner.