Categorical Data Analysis
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapters 10 and 11 of the Frankfort-Nachmias & Leon-Guerrero course text and the media program found in this weeks Learning Resources related to bivariate categorical tests.
- Create a research question using the General Social Survey dataset that can be answered using categorical analysis.
By Day 3
Use SPSS to answer the research question. Post your response to the following:
- Include the General Social Survey Datasets mean of Age to verify the dataset you used.
- What is your research question?
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- Explain your results for a lay audience and further explain what the answer is to your research question.
Be sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the weeks Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
By Day 5
Respond to at least one of your colleagues posts and comment on the following:
- Do you think the variables are appropriately used? Why or why not?
- Does the analysis answer the research question? Be sure and provide constructive and helpful comments for possible improvement.
- As a lay reader, were you able to understand the results and their implications? Why or why not?