This final project assignment is associated with the NCF (non-completion failure) grade. Failure to complete this assignment will result in the issuance of a grade of NCF if the course average would result in a failing grade in the course. Students should contact their Academic Counselor or Program Director if they have any questions regarding the NCF grade and its implications.
Review the following lectures:
- Week 1: Role of the Consultant
- Week 2: The HR Consultant
- Week 3: Organizational Structure
- Week 4: The HR Consultant and Discovery
- Week 5: Establishing a Collaborative Relationship
- Week 5: Organizational Conflict
Leaders in an organization work to avoid conflict as they believe conflict impacts productivity and performance. HR professionals are often called upon to help manage conflict and can use a variety of techniques to manage it by working to create cooperation within the organization. This project asks you to consider the following tactics for enhancing departmental and interdepartmental cooperation and collaboration.
- Identify how you can use integration devices to unite representatives from conflicting departments.
- Analyze the techniques for using confrontation and negotiation to work toward resolving serious interdepartmental disputes.
- Describe how confrontation and negotiation are successful when managers engage in a win-win strategy.
- Evaluate how workplace mediation (also known as group consultation) can be successful in reducing conflict.
- Evaluate how member rotation can be used to enhance collaboration between departments.
- Explain how leaders can work to create a shared mission and establish superordinate goals that foster cooperation among departments.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.